Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I feel like these took forever to finish, but here's what I've been up to: painting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Heroclix!


I've wanted decent miniatures of these guys for a long time.  The old Dark Horse figures are somewhat hard to come by and can be rather expensive on Ebay, so when Heroclix recently put out a set based on TMNT, I had to to jump on it.  I'm pretty happy with these guys. I tried to paint each one's skin with slightly different greens for variety.  I debated painting the bandanas different colors but decided to go with the classic red.  I used this Kevin Eastman illustration for inspiration.




Here's how they looked when I got them. 


I pinned them onto Secret Weapon "Town Square" bases.  I like these bases for superhero-type figures in general and sewer manhole covers really sealed the deal for the Turtles.



I thought I would also share that I played a really fun Land of the Lost themed game using Golgo Island rules and the Sleestak and "Pakuni" miniatures you may remember from my past blog entries. (I can't believe I painted these Sleestaks all the way back in 2014.)  Good times.


I hope to post again soon.  Stay Tuned.

15 comments:

  1. Cowabunga! Lovely paint jobs, I like the rich but simple colour scheme and the subtle variations of green skin you used to individualize them (rather than the cartoony coloured headbands!).

    I have a set of the 80's Dark Horse figures and honestly, while they're cool and have historical interest... These are great sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have you painted your Dark Horse figs? I'd love to see them.

      Delete
    2. They're, ah... in The Pile :/

      Delete
  2. Wonderful work! I'm glad I found your blog (via Allison M.) because you have many beautiful miniatures here. (I love the fact that you've been painting up some of those old Heritage miniatures.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I'm glad to see you following.

      Delete
  3. Amazing paintjob Menace! Loving the different tones of green you applied for each of the turles! Doing these Eastman TMNTs justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic. Care to share your skin colour recipes? I'm looking for some variation in skin tones for my own and these are nice and subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I can't say for sure what my exact recipes were. I started with Grass Green and Olive Green Reaper paints. From there depending on the figure I added a little blue, brown, or yellow. I tried to make Michelangelo more blue-green, and Donatello a more dull olive-green, Raphael a little more yellow-green, and Leonardo more of a regular or bright green.

      Delete
  5. Hey, nice paint job, what scale are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're Heroclix, so the scale is approx. 28-32mm. Generally about the same as a Reaper figure.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work! I'm glad I found your blog (via Allison M.) because you have many beautiful miniatures here. (I love the fact that you've been painting up some of those old Heritage miniatures.)


    สูตรบาคาร่า
    Gclub จีคลับ

    ReplyDelete