Monday, December 31, 2018

Tanks: Modern Age Starter Set

Hey! This blog is not dead, it was just sleeping for a bit.  Hoping to paint lots more minis in the new year.

Anyway... I picked up the Tanks: Modern Age Starter Set and while I have yet to play the game, I couldn't resist building and painting the three 1/100 scale tanks that it comes with right away.  I've never been into historical gaming (this game is actually an alternate history "cold war turned hot" setting)  or military-fetishism, but I love tanks.  I just think they look cool.  It's that simple.

These are the first tanks I have ever painted.

Two Soviet T-64s:




And an M1 Abrams:





I'm actually really happy with how these turned out.  I wasn't sure how the camouflage was going to look, but I think it turned out pretty decent.  I can't wait to play the game now.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have more Doctor Who figures and some random weirdness primed and ready to go.  Hopefully, I will stop neglecting them and will be back with another post soon.

2 comments:

  1. They look fab. Looking forward to seeing more of this project. Happy New Year to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simon. Happy New Year to you and your family as well!

      Delete