Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Terror of Shindig Sandbar

This month I bring you the Terror of Shindig Sandbar, a miniature I got from Roebeast several years ago, and just got around to painting.


This figure painted up quickly and was all-around a lot of fun to do.



He's an homage to the monster from Horror Of Party Beach, which I don't believe I've ever seen, despite the fact that I love old horror movies.  I'll have to check it out at some point.





I've got more Doctor Who related minis and an old school Grenadier figure on deck.  Stay Tuned.



4 comments:

  1. Yeah. I don't visit Party Beach anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I love it. The vibrant colours are great, especially given the B&W original. And the sculpt manages to simultaneously be both goofy and quite monstrous.

    IIRC Khurasan Miniatures has a similar model in 15 mm scale...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison!

      Khursan has some really cool minis. I've painted a few but don't typically do 15mm.

      Khurasan's Octopus God is one of my faves. Here's the one I painted: http://www.coolminiornot.com/290433?browseid=5630127

      Delete