Saturday, June 8, 2013

Black Hole Robots

The two small robots I mentioned in my last post are here: Small Floating Robot 1 and Small Floating Robot 2 from Black Cat Bases.  They are clearly supposed to be reminiscent of V.I.N.CENT and B.O.B. from The Black Hole.  They aren't the greatest sculpts and aren't fully movie-accurate but they are really fun characters so I had to paint them up.  If you are a fan of late 70's/early 80's sci-fi, hopefully you can appreciate them.


  I wish Black Cat or someone would make Maximillian and/or the robot sentries from the movie too.


 The real V.I.N.CENT and B.O.B., my inspiration.



Now on to basing and priming some minis so I can hopefully post some more miniature goodness soon...

3 comments:

  1. The Black Hole was a pretty bad movie... but it had great robots. Even Star Wars didn't pick up on the idea of droids simply floating around on repulsors all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never said it was a "good" movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen it in a long time but I recall the design being pretty interesting. I almost freaked half to death when Anthony Perkins 'gets it' from Maximilian, you don't expect that in a Disney movie. These figs are totally unique and very nicely painted, nice attendance to the base as well!

    ReplyDelete