Monday, July 16, 2018

10th Doctor x3 and K-9

Does any man need three miniature versions of the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who?  No.  But somehow I ended up with three and got the bright idea to just paint them all up at once.




A while back I purchased Heresy's "Dr. Hugh," a 28-32mm "not"-version of David Tennant as the Doctor. (No longer available there as far as I can tell.)  I like the body of this figure but the face is slightly exaggerated.  He fits in nicely with my classic Doctors though.



Warlord Games has two official versions of the 10th Doctor currently available at approximately 38mm scale.  This one is resin and was originally created for Gale Force 9's board game but is now available in a pack with the first and fourth doctor.  This figure is ok but the face is rough and not a good likeness in my opinion.  (I can't bring myself to show a pic of it straight on.)



The best of the three in my opinion is this one, cast in metal, from Warlord Games' "Tenth Doctor & Companions" pack.  The pose is pretty static but overall it is a very nice figure and a great likeness.  I tried to do it justice.  (Somehow the photo makes his eyebrows look more intense than they do in reality.)




Finally, I also painted everyone's favorite robot dog, K-9.  Great figure and I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.  (Also from Warlord Games but as a promotional figure)








That's it for now.  I have more Doctor Who-related stuff to paint: companions, Sea Devils, Zygons, etc. but a bunch of other stuff is on my table as well, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on your trio of 10th Doctors. K9 look spot on as well. I think I prefer the Heresy version the best for some reason. Maybe in my mind it just fits in more with my own collections I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Heresy figure's pose certainly has a little more "life" in it.

      Delete
  2. Well that's interesting! I believe I have that Heresy figure (and yes, they seem to be OOP now). The others are new to me though so thanks for posting. The K-9 here is a little smoother (and larger!) than the Black Tree version that I have, but still the same basic character who fits in with any generation of Doctor Who :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete